DISCIPLE continues...

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Blogger Book Fair: SPI-CORP SERIES by Margaret Taylor

Welcome to Margaret Taylor and her science-fiction romance books in the Spi-Corp Series! For BBF, I'm interviewing EJ McPherson, Princess Tecka to the Royal House of Mutarians, one of the recurring characters in the Spi-Corp Series. She's originally from Earth, but she has gotten deep into alien politics and protecting her sector of space from the Corps.

What was the most surprising thing about traveling in space?
Wow. That’s an interesting question. I suppose it’s the amount of time it takes to get anywhere. It’s not like that show back in the day…oh, what was it called, Star Flight or something like that? The one where they zip about with the warp thingy’s? Well, out here we don’t have that. We have shipping lanes which will enhance your speed, but it still can take trade standard weeks or even months to get some place.

How did you earn your place among the Mutarians?
Oh now that’s a long and complicated story, but the general gist of it? I saved the King’s life way back when. Mutarians value females higher than anything else, they believe that the worth of a female is the greatest commodity and must be protected at all times.

And I guess because I was willing to sacrifice myself for the King, he felt I should be honored for it. He bought me from my owner, Orane and made me an honorary member of his family. I became the Princess when he died and my father took over the Royal House.

Is there anything you're homesick for?
(laughs) Budweiser! I miss that beer and I’ve managed to recreate an equivalent out here in the stars, but it’s not quite the same.

How do you keep Sector 12 safe (just in general)?
Oh that’s so not easy. With Spi-Corp on one side, Dar-Corp on the other, the Jaikalor’s and The Thallanuzians always wanting a piece of us, it’s hard to keep them all at bay. Any one of the groups would love to have us declare fealty but we’ve managed to stay neutral.

And that’s usually only because I don’t get caught being involved. I’m very good at being discrete, so there ya go.

But, if they were to declare all-out war, our military could handle it. With ships like The Forrestal, CORA and KELL in our arsenal plus The Midway and half a dozen other Planet Crushers, I’m sure we could hold our own and that’s one of the reasons no one’s ever really tried to take us on. They know we’re strong and not afraid to use it if they make us.

What sorts of things would get you in enough trouble with Spi-Corp or Dar-Corp to start a war?
Wow. Just about everything I do could get us in trouble. If Spi-Corp or Dar-Corp knew I was a part of the group that helps smuggle Human women back to Earth that would be enough. If any of them knew how much I helped everyone else solve their problems that would do it too.

But my biggest worry is the Jaikalor’s. I have no clue what’s behind their borders, what technology they have or what their military is like. They are the worst of the worst and quite frankly, scare me just a little bit. Sector 12 is close enough to them that they could be on us before we knew it and we’d be put on the defensive. I don’t like being on the defensive, if you must know, so I’m always very careful to keep my involvement with the Universe as a whole a tightly guarded secret!

Book 1 - A First Love Never Dies
Sheriff Jake Reeves never thought the nerdy girl he and his cronies picked on in High School would someday become a star ship captain capable of holding her own in just about any situation. But when he meets up with Janel again at their 20 year reunion, that's exactly what he finds! Gone is the nerdy little mouse that never fought back. In it's place, is a rough and tumble, no holds barred, drop-dead gorgeous woman who he's going to have one hell of a time not falling in love with…

A First Love Never Dies is available at Amazon
Book 2 - Saving His Love coming soon!
More info about Margaret Taylor and the Spi-Corp Series at

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...