DISCIPLE continues...

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Blogger Book Fair: MAKAI QUEEN by Tara Fairfield

Welcome to Tara Fairfield and her deep-sea YA novel, Makai Queen! And welcome to the new queen of Moku-ola, Tessa!

First of all, let me congratulate you on your recent crowning! How does it feel to be a queen?
Amazing and terrifying! It’s still a little hard for me to accept, I mean…a few weeks ago I couldn’t figure out what to have for lunch and now, I’m ruler of the seas. The people of Moku-ola have been so good to me, and with my new ability to talk with all life below the ocean I’ve made so many new friends. Things would almost be perfect if only my boyfriends’ brother wasn’t a crazed lunatic who controlled the sharks and seems determined to destroy us. Oh, I’m gonna figure out how to reach him, but until then I can’t let anyone else I care about  get attacked by his sharks. Been there….done that, not fun.

What is your biggest challenge living under the sea?
At first, I had a little trouble adjusting to breathing under water, not that it was hard to do, it just kinda messes with your head. I knew I could do it, but my brain kept wanting to take a breath.

So, romance is blooming with you and Kupua, what’s he really like?
Kupua’s great. He’s kind, supportive and respects my decisions and choices, and who could resist those dimples! Something most people don’t know is he has a secret soft spot for sea turtles and sometimes, when he thinks no one is looking, he sneaks yummy sponges and mollusks into his pocket to give to his friend Ka, a sea turtle who follows him around. He’s always thinking of others, I love that about him.

What’s been your favorite thing about discovering Moku-ola?
Hmmm…that’s hard because everything is so awesome. If I had to choose one thing, it would have to be my friendship with Lizzy, the sea lion who is now my ambassador. Lizzy is the most loyal friend a queen could ask for, and she loves to play. When I’m feeling down or missing the surface, Lizzy knows just what to do to make me laugh.

Anything else you want everyone to know?
Never give up hope or stop following your dreams! The Creator has a plan for your life and it is amazing!

Makai Queen back cover
Off the coast of Lanai, far beyond the sailboats, there is a hidden world beneath the beryl-blue sea, the marvelous kingdom of Moku-ola, a place where man and beast live in harmony.  Unknown and forbidden to those living above the surface, it has never been discovered....until now.

Tessa, a curious teenager with a taste for adventure roams the sandy beaches of Lanai. Feeling lost and hurt she longs for meaning and a place in this world. By chance, Tessa encounters a mysterious man who appears to be drowning. The attempted rescue puts her own life in danger as she is abducted and dragged out to sea.

Far beneath the oceans surface, Tessa is brought to the frightening and wondrous land of Moku-ola. As the dangers of this world threaten her very survival, Tessa must overcome the barriers of self-doubt to discover the keys to her royal destiny.

Find out more about Makai Queen and Tara Fairfield
Available at Amazon

Check out L's marked-down books and the raffle!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...