DISCIPLE continues...

Friday, June 14, 2013

HEAVEN'S CORE

Welcome to HEAVEN'S CORE, the sci-fi romance by Erika Garduno!

Book Blurb
When lives are decided by the end of the blade, what happens when it’s forever sheathed?

Ten years ago, aliens made contact with Earth, offering technology and cures for diseases in exchange for water. The world watched as peace was made, seventy billion miles brought together.

But not all felt this union was a good thing. On both alien and human sides, Rebels opposed the treaty and some would do anything to break up this intergalactic bond. Earth had an answer to those who threatened it: the Core, a group of mercenaries that dealt with Rebels by any means necessary.

As a member of the Core for three years, Hannibal is good at what he does. But the bodies he’s piled up are starting to weigh heavily on his shoulders and he knows what the Core does isn’t justice, but murder.

Hannibal escapes the Core headquarters in search of his own peace. While on the run, he’s injured but is taken in by a Tez. Problem is, she is beautiful, vivacious, and a Rebel, his sworn enemy. Hannibal’s training has taught him to kill her on sight. He finds his duties get much harder with each passing day. But if he doesn’t do the job, there’s a long list of colleagues that will.

Peaceful aliens... well, we've all heard stories of how that can go wrong. Naturally, I had a few questions for Hannibal.

What are the rebel humans so afraid of that they want to destroy this alliance? What are the alien rebels afraid of?
I’ve never really understood the Rebels’ or Lexans’ thinking. Since the aliens came from Lexa, diseases have been cured, fossil fuels have been replaced…It doesn’t make sense to me. From what I’ve seen, it’s all about segregation. Rebels (both alien and human) believe Earth belongs to humans and there should be war for the fate of the planet. They claim that the species should be separated. I’ve wondered if there is more than that…Who knows? Discrimination is what it is.

Why did you decide to support the Core?
I was young and school didn’t work out. The Core promised meals and to teach skills. Kind of like a special ops military. I felt like my life was better in that direction. But what the Core does is much more, and much worse, than they lead on.

Where did you get your training? 
The Core provides everything. The only stipulation is that all evidence of my existence was erased. No fingerprints, no identity. They even bio-mechanically altered my DNA. That’s why my hair is silver.

What do you do to relax?
Clean my sword. I know, sounds boring and not very relaxing, but my sword, Petra, has done more for me than any human. Seeing it shine, glitter in the sun, gives me a sense of peace.

Seeing anybody? Any serious relationships? (at the beginning of the book)
I’ve never had any real relationships. The Core provides its men with something called the Hotel, which is basically a whorehouse. But I never enjoyed there. And since I met Tez…

Where do you see yourself in five years?
If I was asked this at the beginning of my journey, I would have said dead. Truly. I’d always felt I would have died by the sword. Probably mine. As each day went on it became worse. The Core has so many restrictions and no one is allowed to be themselves. I’m not much of a spokesmen for the Core, am I?

After the book…well, my author would like me to say to read it and you’ll know the answer.

Everyone who comments on the HEAVEN'S CORE blog tour is entered for a chance to win a print copy of the book! Check out Erika's blog for more tour stops.


Find it at:

2 comments:

Anais said...

Hi everyone. Comments get you entered to win an overall blog grand prize!

For my next stop, check out www.erikabooks.webs.com

One Foot said...

Great book and an awesome writer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...