I've signed up for the Blogger Book Fair, July 22 - 26. It's a big cross-promotion event, so I'll be hosting authors here and guest posting at other blogs. The book fair includes a Reader's Choice Awards, so check the sign-up list for your favorite authors and vote!
I'm still working out exactly what I'll do for BBF, but it will be a great chance to promote the upcoming Disciple, Part III -- stay tuned for announcements.
I've reached the end of Hawks & Rams, for now, and I'm putting it down for a while so I can work on:
- Second draft of Fire's First Kiss and send it to betas.
- Look over Disciple, Part III again before it goes to the editor. Especially the new scenes I wrote.
- I'm going to need a "Next Big Thing" post for Part III, but I don't know who to talk about in the casting part yet.
- Need to write back cover copy for Part III. Oy.
- Finish beta reading for crit partners.
- There's an SF short story idea that hit me during Balticon that I ought to work on.
- Going to my first meeting of the WSFA on Friday. Already feeling shy, but must do this.
- ...and there's this fragment of a scene that turned up recently. It's definitely science fiction despite being set in Disciple's universe -- which has really gotten me wondering how such a world would industrialize. Someone keeps whispering "The Ancient is the last saint to venture into space, and we've been on eggshells since (pronoun unclear) came aboard" in my ear...