DISCIPLE continues...

Friday, June 7, 2013

AS THE CROW FLIES


Crow's taking a short flight through the blogs, and I was glad to offer a roost. I was intrigued by the book blurb (and loved the banner) so I wanted to ask a few questions of Tarsha, the girl that Crow wants to give up his life of crime for. 

So, Tarsha, how did you and Crow meet? 
I am, as I’m sure you’ve heard, a professional dancer. Crow came to all of my shows and it wasn’t hard to tell he was completely smitten. Of course a lot of men are smitten and it is something I’ve become used to. He wanted to see me—off the stage, you know—but I turned him down. Still, he never gave up. He used to come to as many of my shows as he could, even when I travelled from city to city. Such dedication! And he was awfully cute…

Tell us about something sweet Crow did.
He stole a valuable jewel from Baron Duzayan. Just for me! Isn’t that precious?

When/how did you find out what he does for a living? 
When I first started seeing him, Crow told me he transported things—usually small, specialty items for the well-to-do. I had no idea what sorts of things until I met Captain Tanris! I was shocked. I tried to tell myself I shouldn’t have been, that it explained that brooding, mysteriousness he wore so easily...

Does it bother you?
There’s an obvious thrill to his occupation, certainly, but I don’t have the same confidence as he does that he’ll never be caught. Especially after, well… I shouldn’t say anything about that. I hope you’ll forgive me? But really, that kind of work demands a very strong, very limber physique. Crow isn’t a warrior, by any means, but he is quite, quite talented.

Why did you stick with him through such dangerous work? 
As I said, there was the thrill. We sometimes had to do some personal transportation of our own, staying ahead of the authorities. And then there was that terrible man, Raza Qimeh, that kept hounding us! He thought he was the best thing since turtle soup. He might be tall and good looking, but he’s wasn’t half the man Crow was. Er… is.

What are your personal goals, and how does Crow fit in with them?
I would like to retire, of course. A woman can’t dance forever, even if she has mountains of admirers. I’ve always dreamed of living comfortably in an apartment on the hillside overlooking the emperor’s palace. It’s so pretty! And of course there would have to be fancy balls and jewels and elegant dinners. 

If the two of you struck it rich tomorrow, what would you do with the money?
Oh, I’d invest some of it. Carefully, of course. There are so few money men you can really trust, but one of my old friends is quite good at it. We still keep in touch. I would definitely buy that apartment. And do some shopping. A woman can never have enough shoes...

BOOK BLURB:
“One more job” means that Crow, a notorious thief, can retire with Tarsha, the woman of his dreams, but “one more job” may just mean his life.

When Crow sets out to steal that last brilliant treasure and seek a life of ease and pleasure with the jewel of his heart, he seriously underestimates his mark, the Baron Duzayan. For a thief, getting caught is never a good thing. Getting caught by a wizard is even worse. Under threat of death by poison, Crow is coerced into stealing an improbable, mythical prize. To satisfy the wizard's greed and save the life of his lady love, he must join forces with Tanris, the one man Crow has spent his entire career avoiding.

But what's a man to do when stealing that fabled prize could level an empire and seal his fate?

From a dungeon black as night, to the top of a mountain peak shrouded in legend, a man’s got to do what he must. Unless, of course, he can think of a better plan…

After many years spent tending to a prince, three princesses and a king, Scribe Robin is now free to take to her tower to write tales about wizards and magic, fantastical places and extraordinary journeys. From time to time, when she is not writing, she invokes the magic of Photoshop to create maps, scenery, insignias, book covers, and various bits and pieces of artwork suitable for use in the mysterious ether plane. She has regularly been victorious at the NaNoWriMo tourneys, and has several books in various stages of progress in addition to a published work of fiction about a thief and his trusty sidekick. Now if only she could find that spell for manipulating time so that she could turn all of her ideas into stories...

Find Robin online:

a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...